Monday 9 April 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #259

There's a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Here's the sketch to inspire you. You can substitute your country, if it's not Canada.

Image may contain: text


Here's my card




I interpreted the challenge as creating something "national" &/or "patriotic". In my case, something Canadian. I thought about "what is Canadian" - poutine, moose, beaver, ice hockey? I decided to focus on our flag, the red maple leaf. I started with Altenew's With Gratitude stamp set. I chose a maple leaf and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I was thinking about how proud I was to be Canadian after the 2018 Winter Olympics and felt that the maple leaf needed to be gold, on a red background. I added the two red strips on either side to re-create our flag. I looked around for a sentiment - finally settling on this sentiment from Clearly Besotted Life and Laughter stamp set. I feel being Canadian that we have the freedom to truly follow our dreams. O Canada!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.