Monday 1 January 2018

House of Cards - January 2018

Happy New Year! I had a great year in 2017 and am anxious to see what 2018 holds for me. New month means there is a new challenge at House of Cards


Mixed Media and/or Colors
Image result for design seeds january


Here's my card




For those of you who know me - mixed media isn't really my "thing". However, I took out some gelatos in the colours of the challenge and made a background. I randomly scribbled the gelatos and blended them with my finger. I also used a teal coloured metallic gelato and a chicken wire stencil from Tim Holtz' Mini Stencil Set 8. I think that it turned out nice - I just may try this again for another card. I used the gorgeous stamp Ask in Prayer from STAMPlorations Typografia in Faith collection with Versamark and silver embossing powder on vellum for the sentiment. I trimmed the vellum panel and adhered it to the background with glue dots, hidden behind the faux pearls.

Thanks for visiting
sue

6 comments:

  1. That background is amazing, Sue! I love that beautiful silver sentiment on top of it! Sending hugs and wishes for a wonderful 2018! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, like the background and the shimmer of the beautiful sentiment! Best wishes for 2018! HOC teammie Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, it's adorable!
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the card and love the background, great mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful background, beautiful colors
    Happy New Year, all the best for 2018

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, this is terrific! I love how you've blended the colors, and I love the heartfelt sentiment! Very pretty! Have a wonderful 2018!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.