Saturday 29 July 2017

Muse: Christmas Visions

In the heat of summer, it sure is fun to think about Christmas in July. While, it took me the entire month to finally make a card, I'm so happy to be able to join in at Muse: Christmas Visions

Here's this month's Muse, created by Jessica Frost-Ballas





Here's my card




Her card is so lovely and festive. I was inspired by:
- the colours she chose (although my red isn't as bright as her's)
- the use of gold embossing 
- poinsettias
- general layout - sentiment on the left, poinsettias on the right
- scripty sentiment

Apologies for the photo, I'm at a retreat and the lighting isn't what I'm used to.  I started by using Simon Says STAMP's Poinsettia stamp set which I inked with distress ink (fired brick) and spritzed with water before stamping to give it the watercolour look. Once dry, I added gold embossing. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Peace on Earth stamp set, also gold embossed.

Thanks for visiting
sue


2 comments:

  1. Love your simple approach to this challenge - the strip of blue provides a wonderful contrast to the pretty poinsettias! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation, Sue. I like the clean look with the blue strip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.