Sunday 7 May 2017

Muse Challenge #214

It's been quite awhile since I've joined the group at Muse Card Challenge. I saw the stunning Muse card by Anita Bowden and I knew that I just had to find time to play at my craft table.

Here's Anita's card




I love this card. Surprisingly, the inspiration came quite easily. 

Here's my card.




I started with one of my recent purchases, Simon Says STAMP Cora Background. I stamped the image with Versamark ink and used clear embossing powder. Using a dry brush, I brushed away some of the embossing powder outside the "frame" of the background to leave some "open space". I heat set the powder. Using ink blending tools, I added colour - distress inks (seedless preserves, blueprint sketch and mermaid lagoon). The sentiment was die cut using Memory Box's Paintbrush Happy die.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention how I was inspired, although it might be obvious.

I was inspired by:
 - the large image
 - the three shades of inking
 - a "scripty" one word sentiment
 - the general layout of the card

Thanks for visiting. So happy to be participating with the Muse "family".
sue

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words and this is a lovely interpretation of my card. I love those SSS background stamps and hopefully one day I will be able to afford to get an order from SSS back to the UK!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I have a similar background - can't wait to ink it up! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your card is a wonderful interpretation of Anita's muse. Love the background stamp. Your colors are blended beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sue! Love your background with the blended inking.
    Perfect take on Anita's Muse card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.