Monday 22 May 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #288 - A Sketch by Jen M

Love long weekends - I have more time to craft! I'm playing along with the gang at Freshly Made Sketches this morning. Here's their great sketch



Here's my card



I wanted the Echo Park Magical Plaid 6x6 stencil after I had seen some examples online. It sure beats trying to stamp your own plaid paper. I initially tried to mimic plaid with straight lines of colour - the result was kind of blah. So, my next attempt was to add colour in random pattern using distress inks (cracked pistachio, ripe persimmon and salty ocean. I arranged the panel on a piece of blue cardstock, following the sketch. For the embellishment, I used Simon Says STAMP Lots of Love stamp set, Stampin Up's 1.5" circle punch and Stampin Up's scalloped circle punch.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous background - after seeing your card I immediately plopped that stencil in my wishlist!! And I love the way you did the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.