Tuesday 3 January 2017

TIME OUT Challenges #73

Slowly getting back to "normal" after a hectic holiday season.

Found some crafting time and wanted to join the current challenge at Time Out Challenges. The current challenge is an "Inspired by Words" challenge.

'With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning'

Here's my card



I was inspired by sunrise and felt that new beginnings represent "hope". I started by stamping the city silhouette from MFT's You're Super stamp set.  Then I made a 3" circle mask (using the outer portion) along with a 1" circle mask where I used the 1" circle for the "rising sun". I also added a strip of post-it tape below the city's silhouette to limit where I inked. I added distress inks (squeezed lemonade, mustard seed and spiced marmalade) to mimic the sky. The sentiment is from The Alley Way Stamps Making Holidays Bright stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. Love this design. Brilliant masking and blending to make your sunrise, and I love how it looks against the city scape. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ths desgn is beautiful and love the sponging with the round sun! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats for getting HM at Time Out, we loved your card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being showcased at Time Out, your card is gorgeous Sue!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.