Sunday 2 August 2015

Colour Me Challenge CMCC#82 - Team Tara & Online Card Class day 3

Here's my card
It's for the current challenge at Colour Me



I chose the #2 colour combination - Team Tara.





I've tried to make "plaid" paper using a variety of stamps and my stamp press. I seem to get ink all over the stamp press when I ink the stamp and of course, the one time I forget to clean off my stamp press of the excess ink, yup, it ends up on my card! UGH! I'm taking the Online Card Class - Background Check and mentioned my frustration in the forum. The incredible Laura Bassen responded that she has better success when she inks her stamp with a "tap tap" technique. I tried that and have to say, it worked better.

I used this die set to cut out "hello" from the plaid panel as well as white fun foam. Be careful to save the "inside" pieces from the plaid panel as you'll need to adhere those to the card. I used Tombow MONO multi glue to adhere the plaid panel to the fun foam and the fun foam to the card.

Here's a close-up.

I'm also going to link my card to the Student Gallery at the Online Card Class - Background Check.

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Your plaid border is great, I thought it's a patterned paper, you did a great job! Thank you for playing alone with Colour Me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation of your plaid background. Agree with Valentyna! I thought it was pattern paper! Well done! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...!
    Ren

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHH...love your beautiful plaid! What a gorgeous way to say hello. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.